Aug 23, 2010

Three Men and Pincher's Crabs

So, I heard from a little birdie, aka Northwestern's newsletter, that Edgar, Matt, and Jake would be in Ft. Myers on the 21st. So I texted Aidin and cyber shrieked in her ear that we had to go. I didn't hear any complaints, so the day arrived and off we went.

There were two charities there, one of them being Jake's search for his dad. We donated what we could, and I hope it helped. The other charity was Blessings in a Backpack.

The occasion was at Pincher's Crab Shack in Ft. Myers, FL. Harley Davidson was a huge sponsor
It was a rainy day...
...but no one let that stop them.
We got there pretty early, and they were still setting up, but a couple of hours later, we were one of the first people in line and the line was slowly getting longer.

Luckily, there was an alcohol tent right next to me, and they were making Duck Farts! Here's to you Captain Phil!

Looky who we found!
Not a lot of people recognized Edgar's wife, but we did! Probably because the re-proposal episode of Season 5's After the Catch makes me cry everytime!


She was very sweet and gracious, but we left her alone. She looked a little uncomfortable when she realized we knew her.

Our new shirts
Captain Sig's beer

Since I was wearing my Cornelia Marie shirt, I stuck my shirt on my son, but it didn't stay there very long.

Just an excuse to take a picture

After three hours of waiting, Edgar, Matt, and Jake finally arrived! Looking good!



So when they arrived they said thanks to the crowd, then headed inside to grab something to eat, it was a crab shack after all, and change shirts. After about an hour they came outside to begin the meet and greet.

This picture is priceless! Aidin's son immediately turned shy so Edgar had to play it up

Yeah, Logan wasn't thrilled either but I definitely was!

The Autographs

So the day was amazing. We didn't get to stay for the Q&A session as the boys were wet and tired, therefore grumpy, but we had a great time. And rumor has it they will be back in the area around December, so guess where we will be....

...you know it!
*Shannon*

2 comments:

hemiola said...

Just found your blog.. Thanks for posting this for those of us that are too far away to make it to these events!!

Shannon said...

So glad you stopped by. Come back soon!