Aug 22, 2010

It's a Crabby Party!

So on August 14th Shannon and I had a big birthday bash for all the August Birthdays. There are quite a bit of us. While Shannon and I were talking about when to have the party she said we needed a theme...thus the Deadliest Catch birthday theme was born. I wish I was joking. I'll slowly show you pictures of how we set up plus some of our friends relaxing.


We have Shannon here hiding behind one our "go this way" signs. We had to point the way since we had the party in the middle of nowhere and knew some people would get lost.


This is our net hanging from the ceiling. I'm laying on the floor taking this picture....those are plastic crabs we found at the party store. (Thank you Jeremiah)


Ok so Shannon had this idea about turning the house into one big bar. In most bars there are pictures of "famous" people that have been there. We had some people fooled. They really did think we took these pics and that we knew the crews themselves. I assure you, we only borrowed these from off the Internet.

We did the same with just basic photos of things. Even a picture of Dutch Harbor, I believe, in the spring.(not enough snow for crab fishing)

Thank you Larry from the Incentive for giving us this beautiful poem. Shannon has this in her room.


Avast the calm Bering Sea. Or at least that's what we were going for. The Bering Sea at Dutch Harbor with no wind or snow and an outside bar.


This is really the bar at Dutch Harbor...we name our bar the same for the night.


Hey look our net again. it looks pretty good hanging the way it is.


Myself and Shannon sporting our Cornelia Marie shirts.


Ok now I know the cake is a little girly and has a martini glass but I ordered this before we started doing the themes...I did have them add the Northwestern's Shut up and Fish.


Ah our bar with the alcohol....it had A LOT of use that night. And it spun around for maximum alcohol use.


Meet Jeremy....we found out that night he is a Deadliest Catch fan. That was great.


This here is (from left to right) Emma, Myself, Shannon and Simy is laying on all of us.


Miss Simy, Emma and my man Dean talking about can't remember what.


Justin and I enjoying ourselves the beach of our Bering Sea.


Hey look it is a bar! Smoking and liquor.


Aidin

No comments: